Friday, April 6, 2018

Arise shine

 I planned on making a trip to Texas to see my nephew being born.  I set my alarm for 4am and went to sleep.  Now God and I have this arrangement that even though I set my alarm, He wakes me up at whatever time that I really need to get up to leave.  So at 2am this verse pops into my very awakened brain. Isaiah 60:1 "Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb_tttKrmR0 (not the version that I have but similar) As I looked at the time, I inwardly groaned.  Couldn't I sleep for just 2 more hours? Please? I tried, but then the above scripture song kept playing in my head, but then it was interspersed with a different song that is current on the contemporary Christian music station that I often listen to.  This other song I do NOT like at all.  It wouldn't stop so I got up and ready for my 13 1/2 hour trip.  I was reminded of my dad waking me up in the mornings singing... "so rise and shine and give God the glory."  Dad couldn't sing. (I woke my kids up like this too) It has been almost 18 years since we laid my father to rest, and I look forward to the day when Jesus comes and resurrects him and he will not be in the kind of pain that I last saw him in. Anyway the trip was relatively uneventful, just the way they should be, I did see a group of 3 deer once and then a whole herd later.  I also saw 3 wild turkeys.  My nephew was born Friday morning.  He is perfect.  At a recent Bible study a lady that I have never met before gave me a word that I took as coming directly from God about the direction of my life.  At nightly prayer one of my friends told me that she saw my face as she was praying.  And Just now my youtube songs just came up with the Heritage singers, "I just feel like something good is about to happen". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ8IRymyYVo&t=0s&index=7&list=PLEB96D4CAB7E19ECD I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that Jesus is coming VERY soon and that He is working out His plan in my life.  The recent attacks of the enemy of our souls is all the proof of that that I need, but these other reasurrances are little blessings that my God has been giving me and I just wanted to spend a moment praising Him for all the ways that He continues to lead and guide me.

No comments:

Post a Comment