Sunday, July 10, 2011

My testimony

My life has been about like most peoples. Two parents who fought constantly, divorced when I was 16. I was glad. I really didn't get to know and understand my father till I grew up enough to realize that there were two sides to every story. By the time that happened to was almost too late. I didn't know it at the time, but dad would have a tumor that would eventually kill him. He first learned about the tumor the week before thanksgiving. They said that they would wait and see how fast it would grow. In January, when they rechecked it, it was too late to do anything about it. He was given four months to live and four months later he died, surrounded by family and friends. It was at this time that I finally figured out what I wanted to do with my life. I had assisted my step mom with the care-taking of my father, so I went into the nursing field. I am married with two children of my own and two step children. During our marriage we acquired a four wheeler. It was fun to take the children out and around the farmland that we lived on. One day, my husband took my oldest on the front, in the basket and my younger one behind him. They hit a bump and the older one fell off and landed in front of the four wheeler. He was run completely over and didn't suffer even a scratch! My younger boy has come within inches of being run over as well, however it was by a car! One day, even before all this, as the boys and I were driving, I crossed a set of RR tracks without looking in either direction. It was an unmarked/unguarded crossing. I never heard the train. As I was crossing the tracks I looked right and there was the light of the locomotive! I felt something push the car across the track, the train passed directly behind me! Some people ask for miracles. Where are the miracles in today's society? Just ask me and my kids, we can tell you!

No comments:

Post a Comment