Friday, May 4, 2018

Protection

A few nights ago I had a dream that someone had drop kicked an infant.

I rushed over to where the baby landed to find them in a plastic bubble. The baby was perfectly fine. I thought to myself that it was lucky that it had such good protection. I decided that I would take the baby home and feed it. Upon closer inspection the bubble that was protecting the baby was also going to prevent it from eating. As I said the words, "But how will you eat?" I woke up. The only way for that infant to get nourishment would have been to strip away the protective bubble that had protected it from harm. I am reminded that a baby can't stay in a bubble forever. Sometimes God allows our circumstances to strip away our earthly protections. Jobs that we think are so important or anything else that we cling to for security. In order to learn to trust and depend on Jesus more fully and in order that we might feed more on His word. Exodus 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.  1 Corinthians 3:2 (KJV)  I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.  I had a good job, I was doing all the things that I thought that I needed to do to make a living.  In October I got hurt and was unable to work.  I haven't worked since the 25th of October and yet God has sustained me.  It has given me the chance to dig into God's Word and lean into Him for my faith.  Well on Monday I got a call that my job has been terminated because I haven't been able to go and the next day I got a call that my surgeon will not do surgery on me without payment up front.  Without surgery I cannot work and without work I have no money to pay surgeon.  I have NO idea what God is up to!  All I know is that my bubble has been stripped away.  God is on the Move is all I know.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTzb0SpJfjw

No comments:

Post a Comment