Friday, March 23, 2012

F-False E-Evidence A-Appearing R-Real=fear

A long time ago when I was a little girl growing up in North Dakota, I just "knew" that God was coming back any day!  I grew up as a preacher's kid and every Sabbath on our way to and from church I would scan the eastern horizon for that one small black cloud that would be the sign of Christ's coming. You know the one that grows bigger and bigger until we see Jesus and all of His angels in it?! My love and trust for God was so innocent and real.  I knew God answered prayer. I had read and reread the Bible. I knew all of the famous Bible stories of faith, God's leading, and healing still time moved on and the cares of this world sprang up to try to choke the life out of me. Matthew 13:22 "He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful."  When we have had new people come into our church and they are so on fire for the Lord and they have received one blessing after another and you can really tell that God is real to them it began to make me feel jealous. Their testimonies have been so encouraging to me and I wanted that feeling back.  Our church began a 40 days of prayer campaign 25 days ago, and my son and I have been reading a devotional and praying together.  Let me tell you something,  I have begun experiencing God's grace all over again in my life!!!  Are my trials gone?  NO! but I have seen God's hand moving through these trials!!!  So in the job of "recreating" my heart the following song is so inspiring to me.
(based on Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3O0BfTOkGK8

No comments:

Post a Comment