Tuesday, March 20, 2012

3-15-12 "coincidences"

It was a normal day. I got out of bed and went through my normal routine. After walking my dog I sat in front of the TV for some relaxation before I had to go to work. Just as I sat down and glanced over at my fish tank, a cord running underneath it caught on fire!!!!  Now this fire could have started at any time.  It could have started when my kids and I were still asleep; it could have started when nobody was home.  Either way there COULD have been loss of property and maybe even of life, but the fire started at the exact moment that I was there to  see it start! I just about panicked though.  I my mind's eye I could already see myself getting up and throwing water on the fire, but a still small voice in the back of my head said to me, "Don't panic!"  So instead I looked at the flame for another second(it seemed like minutes), I got up slowly and deliberately, I walked over to the extension cord put my hand on the on/off switch and shut the power off!  As I shut the power off, the flame went out!!!!  I called a friend of mine later and she prayed with me thanking God for His protection over me.  As she prayed and also asked God to lead in other circumstances in my life that still small voice came back and said, "Now, Lisa if I can control the circumstances of this morning don't you think that I can also control these other things in your life that you are so worried about?"  I just couldn't stop balling after that.  I told God that of course I knew I could trust Him and I thanked him for that reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment